Now in our sixth winter the Inn Churches project has grown from little more than an idea to a thriving charity with a volunteer base of over 850 that has provided over 6000 temporary bed spaces for homeless people in the Bradford Area.
Our work has been done on a fantastically small budget and we estimate that it has cost approximately £15 per person per night to provide a bed, breakfast and a good meal in a warm caring environment.
However, with every success, our ambition and hope for the change that is possible grows a little further as we seek to make a significant and permanent impact on the problem of homelessness in our city.
As a result we are constantly looking for local support whether in the form of financial contributions, donations in kind of food and toiletries, offers of hosting and volunteers.
If you want to be involved in any capacity we’d love to hear from you so please get in touch and help us change lives this winter.
Volunteer with Inn Churches
- Staffing a shelter takes a lot of people
- We are looking for people to set up, cook, serve food, chat with guests, do activities or play games with guests, clean up, and generally help out.
- Many of our volunteers come from hosting and supporting churches but we welcome non-Christian volunteers as well. We do not endorse any of our volunteers using the project as a platform for evangelism. Volunteers are free to discuss their faith if questioned by our guests, but are not allowed to initiate discussions of faith.
- Once you have attended training you will be free to volunteer at any of our hosting churches and can book time blocks which suit your schedule.
- Please let us know if you have special skills or training in First Aid, Mental Health, or Substance Abuse.
- If you’re interested in volunteering but want to know more check out our Frequently Asked Questions or contact us directly. In order to volunteer with Inn Churches this winter you can register by emailing email@example.com