Our primary support is to the homeless and vulnerably housed.
We may be able to offer advice and assistance that allows you to remain in your home, or we may be able to help you find alternative accommodation in the private sector, helping you with a rent deposit if necessary through the WHHP programme.
During the winter (December to March) we offer temporary accommodation to males and females in local churches.
If you are with a private landlord or are a homeowner we could signpost you to support with a range of issues such as:
- landlord and tenant issues
- your rights to stay in your home
- housing debt such as mortgage or rent arrears
- private renting
Homeless prevention: There may be support for you if :
- you have dependent children
- you are fleeing domestic violence
- someone in your household is expecting a child
- you are a child aged 16 or 17
- you are under 21 and have been previously a looked after or fostered child between the ages of 16 and 17
- you are vulnerable due to old age, mental illness, physical disability, institutionalisation, or some other special reason
- you are homeless due to fire, flood or some other emergency
Our Team would signpost you to Housing Options who would offer:
- referral and signposting to agencies offering support and assistance
- assessment of support needs and match to local services
- access to private rented accommodation
- referral to local supported housing
- advice and information about other housing options